The Grid 'Gallery' + Cornerstone conflict

@rad
July 31 2017 you guys know this problem but there is still no fix???
This is not good! I need this fixed a.s.a.p.!

Grts Marco

p.s. I googled and came along the old x-theme forum with exact the same problem. However this post is from July 29 2016!!!

Hi there,

Yes, there is no fix yet. I’ll follow-up this issue to see if there is any temporary fix we could implement.

Thanks!

ok that would be nice. Thx!

You’re welcome!

When do you think you have a temporary fix?

Hi there,

I’m not really sure if there is any temporary fix, but I will let you know if there is any. I already forwarded this to our developer :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi Rad,

I really need a.s.a.p. a solution for this problem!
The recent Cornerstone is also messing up my other sites!

Thx Gr Marco

Hi Marco,

Can you clarify what is being messed up?

Regarding the grid not appearing correctly on the builder but appearing correctly on the front-end? Or something else?

Please let us know and provide the URL to clarify.

Thank you

The issue is clearly that is does not display in the builder, have you not tested yourself to verify or checked the internal notes on this? Why are you asking for clarification if it has already been identified as a bug?

Hi @captainzank

I understood the issue with the grid, I thought another issue could be hapenning and that is why I asked for clarifications if necessary.

Hope it clarifies.

Hi Joao,

Cornerstone 2.1.3 fixed the problem with messing up some of my sites.

The Grid is a known bug since July 2016!! Why is this taking so long?

@captainzank Thx for your reply :smile: :smile: I hope this will speed up solving this problem!

Hi Joao, I contacted Theme One and version 2.5 will solve this problem. I’m running 2.4. How can I update to the latest version of The Grid?

See this thread: https://codecanyon.net/item/the-grid-responsive-wordpress-grid-plugin/13306812/comments?page=52&filter=all#comment_17738166

Note: Theme One replied and 2.5 is NOT solving the problem. See answer theme One:

The last version of The Grid has the preview in Cornerstone disabled because Cornerstone does not allows scripts (because of ember.js).

We’re really sorry but as of this time, there is still no solution to this because of the differences in The Grid and Cornerstone systems. Please note that bugs and conflicts may take a long time to get resolved.

For now, though I understand it’s not convenient, you should save your page (or draft) and view the live page to see the grid.

Thank you for understanding.

Hi,

So you’re saying that The Grid is at the moment not compatible with Cornerstone?

I think you guys should mention this on your website and forum a.s.a.p. and delete it from the overview-extensions section till it’s solved! You can not sell something that is not working in the back-end!

How are we going to solve this problem? I don’t want to switch to Essential Grid and the ‘solution’ you suggest is not an option!

There is currently a bug where the Grid does not display and attaches an image to the elements only in the back-end. Front-end works fine which is the most important part. With that said, there is no incompatibility. Sorry if you got confused with my previous reply.

I understand your frustration but we could not remove The Grid in our extensions list because of a bug. Our development team is systematically working to resolve all bugs but please note that not all of them are easy to solve. Your patience on this matter would be very much appreciated.

What I suggested is only temporary. Alternatively, you could work on Skeleton mode so you could see The Grid element (also temporary).

We’re very sorry for this inconvenience.

UPDATE: I checked our issue tracker and our core developer tested The Grid 2.5.0 and the development version of X and Cornerstone and it worked on his end but further testing is still needed.

Just FYI, I tested Pro 1.2.3 with The Grid 2.5.0 and it works where it doesn’t with the previous version of The Grid and Pro. I see you’re using X but this might be solved in the next release. I’m not promising anything here but I just want to give the status regarding this bug.

Thank you.

Hi,

Well that’s what I like to hear :slight_smile:

Is it possible that I can get access to The Grid 2.5.0 so I can test it myself?

Awaiting your reply.

Hi There,

The Grid 2.50 update should be available on your WP Admin Dashboard if your theme is validated.

You can follow the latest versions available with the theme on our version compatibility page.

Hope it helps

Hi,

Owk is it available yet because I don’t see it…